Thursday, October 22, 2009

Final Project

I have learned so much in this class I am not sure where to begin. I loved working with Photoshop and learning how to take a simple picture, turn it into a gray scale picture and then add color to certain objects. I think that is a great feature and tool to know how to use. I also enjoyed learning and understanding HTML. This will help me in my current job as some of the applications that I work with are HTML based.

When building my own website, I started in FrontPage. I chose to use one of the templates in FrontPage as it was similar colors and layout to what I had pictured. I did struggle a little trying to make it fit to my storyboards, but overall it was not unmanageable. I added tables and columns to make the layout suit my needs. Once I was completed in FrontPage, I started my web 2.0 project. I chose Webnode for a couple of reasons. First, there are no ads. Second, I didn’t want to drag and drop as you do in Weebly. In Webnode, I chose a layout design based on the color and initial layout. At first, I was completely frustrated with it because I didn’t understand how to change the initial layout. After playing around with it, I figured out ways to add pictures and text so that they were in the same text box. I like the additional features that the web 2.0 allows you to add, such as a poll. I tried to add a slide show of photos to my home page in Webnode and it would not allow me to do so which was very frustrating. I felt like I had to settle, but overall I thought using web 2.0 was better than using FrontPage. The results of FrontPage are not as professional as a web 2.0 application and the web 2.0 application was much easier to use.

My two websites are very similar as I was able to primarily maintain the original layout, but of course there are some differences. The color in FrontPage is on the entire webpage, whereas in web 2.0 there is a white boarder on either side. I liked the white boarder because it gives it a clean look.

Both of the websites differ somewhat from my storyboard. The FrontPage website is closer to my storyboard than the web 2.0 project. Since FrontPage was more flexible with the layout, since I could add or delete, it turned out very similar to my storyboard. The only thing that I was not able to do in FrontPage was to add a white boarder on both sides. The web 2.0 turned out similar to my storyboards as well, but there were a couple of things that I needed to change, especially on the jump page, due to the layout not being as flexible. Finally, my completed website address is http://www.firstskydive.webnode.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment