Sunday, October 11, 2009

Website Project

I have had some experience with html, but never truly knew exactly what I was doing. I tried to self teach myself by going on-line to look up html language. After taking this class, I know have a much better understanding of html and hope to be able to utilize this in my current job. Fortunately for this class, I don't have to write an entire website in html. With the use of Frontpage, I will begin to layout my first website. It is scary for me to write "my first website" as I am not a designer by any stretch of the imagination. Therefore, I will need to keep in mind the "CRAP" principles and be sure to follow them in order to have a nicely designed website.

About two years ago I was visiting my parents and there was an article in their paper about an woman who went skydiving for her 80th birthday. As my mom was telling me about this article, I informed them that I wanted to do that for my 30th birthday. Both of my parents seemed liked they were slightly shocked by this, but also intrigued. As the time neared for my skydiving adventure, I was afraid to say something to my mom as I wasn't sure how she would react now that it was time for me to go skydiving. I finally decided that I should tell her when I was going to be doing this. She started to ask me several questions about it. I then asked her if she wanted to go and she said she would. I was shocked by this as I would not have imagined that she would want to do this.

The day had come for our skydiving adventure. We were both so excited about this and I was extremely anxious as I had been looking forward to this for some time. The experience was great and I would definitely do it over again. Since skydiving isn't something I do everyday and it is something that interests me, I chose to do my website on this. I think the name of my website will be Skydiving, but I am not completely sold on that yet. Throughout the website, I will primarily be explaining the process of what happens when you go tandem skydiving and explain the learning, the flight and the jump. I will then post pictures of each event along with a photo montage of the entire process. For those that visit this site, they will have a better understanding of what actually happens when you go skydiving. I will have a link to where I went skydiving and some other links to other locations that offer this adventure. I already have it sketched out on paper as to how I would like my website to look. The next trick is to get my website to look like that. I have also started to edit my pictures so that they are compatible for a website. I will probably use Webnode for my Web 2.0 project after I complete my project in Frontpage. I will then have something to remind me of my 30th birthday adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment